Monday, November 19, 2012

Big Weekend

“As long as you’re trying to be someone else, or putting on some act or behavior someone else taught you, you have no possibility of truly reaching people. The most valuable thing you have to give people is yourself. No matter what you think you’re selling, what you’re really offering is you.”
   
Bob Burg and John David Mann, The Go Giver: A Little Story About A Powerful Business Idea
 
 
We attended the "big one" in Norfolk this weekend.
Here the girls are before the show.
 


It was a success
 
and a really good time.

There were 90 vendors
 
and no rules about having to be "handmade"
so it made for lots of variety and lots of
free food samples.
 
There was even a stage for entertainment
and a food court.
 
Again, we met some wonderful folks
and people were intrigued with our products.
 
By Saturday evening I was a little "talked out"
and thought Sunday would be a slower day,
but it turned out to be quite busy.
 
You might have to live in Nebraska to appreciate this,
but on Saturday the place was hopping.
Everyone was dressed in their Husker shirts, caps,
coats, purses, you name it,
right up until the time the Nebraska vs. Wisconsin
game time (late afternoon).

Then the crowds magically dissapeared.
Except for a few die-hards.
The rest were
*gone*
 
Here are a few fun photos of the
Gingerbread House contest.




 

 
While we were selling here,
two of my daughters were selling in Wyoming.
How cool is that!?
And they did awesome again this year too.
It is great when the work pays off
and I can make some "deposits" this time of year
to counterbalance the withdrawls.
 
NOW to get back to everything I let go
to prepare for these events.
If I could just remember what it was...


18 comments:

Buttons said...

Oh Congratulations to the Sister Five your work does pay off everything looks so nice. I can only imagine the hype and fun in that crowd.
Love the gingerbread houses I really wan to take a bite and run just like Hansel and Gretel.
Back to normal for you good luck remembering what that is. B

MTWaggin said...

Ahhh Christmas Craft Shows - makes you realize how close it really is! I got my box out of the mail yesterday and THANK YOU SO MUCH! I just love your packaging and am sure my friends will adore your soaps.

Gail said...

So wonderful both places experiences success.

You have worked so hard it is good to see some results. Congratulations.

Jacquelineand.... said...

It's great to see you doing so well!

TexWisGirl said...

i am always happy to hear that your hard work pays off. :)

Sarah said...

not sure my comment went through cauase my computer claimed there was an error. SO......
as I was saying earlier....
I think craft shows are such fun and the home made soaps and such are always a draw to me. I'm so glad that you enjoyed yourself and had success! I play with the idea of taking my candles to a show someday. Who knows. Maybe I'll get brave and give it a try.

Nancy J said...

Wonderful days for you all, hard work that has a success is soooo good.your soap packages really are beautiful,no wonder everyone comes and buys. Cheers from Jean

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Congratulations........your hard work and dedication paid off! Wishing you a happy Thanksgiving!

Jocelyn said...

Yeay! I'm glad it went so well for you! Deposits are nice, I agree. Congratulations!

That looks like it was a lovely fair.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

HOORAY for deposits!! :-)

Mary Ann said...

Micaele... I want more lotions I just don't know how to order this year... can you help?

Sandra said...

LoL on the memory problems, of which I have MANY... glad you had fun and made a few dollars and what a photo opp you had.

Snooks said...

Sounds like your show went well. It is so nice when your hard work pays off.

@ 3Beeze Homestead

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Congrats on a successful sale(s)! That's something to be thankful about for sure! Happy Thanksgiving:@)

Chatty Crone said...

Congrats to the Sisters 5. I think that is soooooooo awesome.
Happy Thanksgiving.
sandie

Randy said...

Sounds like it was a wonderful weekend. Love the Gingerbread house in the last shot.

Candy C. said...

Congratulations on the successful shows! YAY!! It looks like a fun time too! The gingerbread houses are really cute, thanks for sharing them. :)

DebH said...

Well, that sounds like a very good time! I love selling at the markets..the people are the best part. They love being there! Glad you made "deposits" also...that makes up for all that hard work. I look forward to some down time in January to catch up a little on soaps. Seems my inventory is disappearing faster than I realized lately. I can't wait to start with some new scents I purchased over the summer. Best part of the Winter is experimenting. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!