Tuesday, May 17, 2011

There’s A Name For It…

CDC
Chick Compulsive Disorder;
Compulsive behavior triggered by peeping sounds heard upon entering a feedstore.
A ritual of newspapers, heat lamps, starter feed and chick dust
that one feels driven to act out again and again.
Usually, compulsions are performed in an attempt to make gosling obsessions go away.


Who can resist a Frizzle chick?





The name for this is:
 Baby Bunny I Rescued From My Dog's Mouth And Am Trying To Keep Alive.


Tess was tossing this bunny around like a cat would do with a mouse. 
When I finally shut the mower off to go see what she had,
she didn't want to give it up.
It has lived for two days now
and I am trying to feed it goat's milk
through an eyedropper.
These things usually don't end well. 
But it has to be better than what Tess was doing.

.

12 comments:

Marissa ♥ said...

The chick is adorable!

The baby bunny is precious and I sure hope it survives. Kudos to you for trying so hard!

Chatty Crone said...

That chick's hair looks like mine sometimes!

And what a sweetheart you are trying to save the bunny. You can only do your best.

texwisgirl said...

the chick in hand is SO sweet. :)

good luck with the baby bunny! that's a tough one!

Angela said...

Squeal! That baby chick is just too cute and adorable and fuzzy! I hope the baby bunny does well! I have a neighbor who has a mommy and daddy that run free on his property. They had 7 babies. They are so cute running free in front of their house! They don't have dogs!

Farm Girl said...

I am Kim and I have a Chick Compulsive Disorder. Ha Ha, I read about all of the work that having chicks are and I still like it.

I hope your bunny lives.

Deb said...

Those are the sweetest photos. Good luck with that little bunny!

Cindy said...

I am NOT a chick addict!
peep peep peep
No really that noise you hear is my washing machine.
peep peep peep
Really that light in there is a nite light!
peep peep peep
quack..quack..quack

hmm sounds like my washing machine has a problem...lol

The chick is adorable!!And good luck with bunny...although they can strip a garden..just saying!

Hugs Cindy from Rick-Rack and Gingham

Annette said...

I have that chick disorder too. I don't think there is a cure...

Buttons said...

Oh I really hate to go into a feed store this time of year I just want to grab a box of chicks and run they are adorable. I have that compulsion also.
The baby rabbit is cute. Good luck,(MOM). B

Maura @ Lilac Lane Cottage said...

That chick photo is PERFECT! Love the little bunny too...thank heaven's you saw what was going on before it was too late...good luck raising it!
Maura :)

Sarah said...

that peeping you hear when you go in the feedstore is so hard to resist. I just don't think Maclolmm would welcome a flock in the truck with us. But its so hard not to take one (hundred) of them home. Good luck with the bunny. Nature is cruel, and awesome! I hope the little bit makes it.

Peggy said...

I think I have CDC too!! Haha! That photo is adorable. Crossing fingers that baby bunny survives!