Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Would You?

What if you could grow a vegetable in any climate,
with no soil or sunshine?


What if it be could be ready to eat in 3 to 5 days,
and rival tomatoes in Vitamin C content?


What if it was less than 30 calories per cup,
contained protein, and was very easily digested?


Would you grow it?
Would you try it?



Mung bean sprouts.
Started seeds soaking on Sunday morning.
Drained and inverted jar Sunday evening.
Rinsed 3 to 4 times a day on Monday.
Photo on Tuesday.
Ready to eat by Wednesday.



2 comments:

Farmer's Wyfe said...

Do you eat them on salad or something? How do you eat them? My mom used to grow alfalfa sprouts and eat them on salad. I ought to get into trying to grow some sprouts, but not sure how to use them besides salad.
I know they're super healthy!!

Michaele said...

I usually make a jarful at a time, so I have had to find other ways of using them besides salads. They are really good in sandwiches, especially tuna. I have also used them in stir fry and even in egg rolls. If you enough you can eat them on almost anything. A matter of taste.